September 15, 2008

Angela & Michael's Wedding in Massachusetts

I got the opportunity to fly to Massachusetts to shoot Angela and Micheal's Wedding and am so glad that I did. I have never really been to the East Coast and didnt really know what to expect. I flew into Rhode Island and drove to Dartmouth, Mass late at night so I didnt really get to see much that night and was exhausted from my flight. The following day I met up with Angela and Michael's family at a rehearsal dinner and they all welcomed me with open arms and plenty of food! Seriously, how do these people stay in such good shape when everyone around is always trying to get you to eat. I loved how everyone headed inside to watch the Red Sox beat down the Yankees, everyone was crowded in the living room watching the game and yelling and cheering. It was so fun to watch the game with some hardcore Red Sox fans and it reminded me of how Trail Blazer fans are back in the Rip City Days that are now making a comeback. After I let them know I was more of a Red Sox fan and not at all a Yankee fan, I got offered more food! I think that was a way of telling me that I was even more welcomed into their home :)
The wedding was so much fun the and long day went by so fast. We were able to go to the beach where Michael proposed to Angela and they took me around with the wedding party in a Limo to some great buildings and a beautiful church in Dartmouth. It was fun to listen to some of the guy's and girl's Bostonian accents it was just as you see on TV lol. The reception was held at Hawthorne Country Club and the manager let us go out on the green and get some fun shots while the sun was setting over the mountains. It was so fun getting to know everyone and being around such caring people. I hope Angela and Michaels Wedding was everything that they wanted it to be and am so glad they choose me to be apart of it.
I didn't really get to see much around Massachusetts or make my way to Boston but I hope to make it back that way someday and check it out more because it was so great. I even got to try my first Quahog which if you have never had one people tend to know you are not from there and I think my lack of Boston accent also gave me away.
On my way flying back, a crazy thunder and lightening storm grounded all flights from Boston and Rhode Island so we sat on the plane for 4 hours waiting to see if we could take off. When we finally got on the tarmac we were 17th in line to take off. I finally got into Chicago but it was too late and all flights to Portland were long gone and none to LA either, so I slept in the Chicago airport for the night. In the morning they got me on the first flight to LA and then onto Portland where I arrived home very exhausted but the trip was well worth it!

No comments: